Monday, May 9, 2016

When Knowing Your Worth Becomes Confidence and Not Conceit

Well, Hello there 32. I've been challenged a lot this past year to really think about my story, and the part that I play in this life. I've reached this place where I know exactly who I am. Sweetly Broken. Wholly Surrendered for God. Loved & loving. Happy. Appreciated & appreciative. Momma Bear to my Littles, & the Crazy Counterpart to my Big. I know my worth & my value. I Pray Intentionally, always starting off with "Dear Jesus..." I say awkward things. I play Hide and Seek with "TheLight" every day, but I always find it. I am the child of many, but my Dad is the King Of Kings, & I own my place as His Pretty Little Princess. I give meds each night & kiss booboos & do homework & read the same stories 146 times & tackle mountains of laundry & taxi us to all appts & birthday parties & adventures & do yoga on playgrounds & practice my handstand & monkey bars & play dress up & run 5k's with 40 lb toddlers on my back & find all things lost because boys (and the man) never "move" things when they're looking & I make the best spaghetti (per my boys) & cut the pb&j's the right way & fluff the pillows right & buy the good toilet paper & make sure we never run out of milk or hair gel & this goes on... So I own my place as the Matriarch of our family. I make people laugh & I give the best kind of hugs, people know they can come to me in all things, so I own my place as the Therapist and Best Friend. I love to read & blog but always forget to make time for either, so I own my place as a Slacker. I have an obsession with Coffee, Wine, Beer, & Bourbon... So I own my label as a drinker. I donate time and love & energy to this world because I love it. I hug trees and homeless people, so I own my title as Hippie... But then because I'm a Working Mom, I go to my day job & make sure people are paid to knock said trees down so we can build houses. I learned to paint, bake, and I kept a cichlid alive, so I'm now crafty. I still hate cardio. I still love gluten. I am perfect & flawed & wonderfully made... So excuse me while I embrace Who I Am, plop my exhausted self down in this throne and own it...


Do not shy away from the person that you are, someone could be waiting on the real you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?